User Tag List

422Views
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Member midox139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    16
    Coins
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 18

    How to transfer a website from host to another ??!

    Hi guys,

    I'd like to transfer my website from a host to another host that I've just bought it. I've transfered all the documents, but I don't know how to do the same with the database.

    should I create a new database and import the old one to the new & edit the info in wp-config.php ??
    because that's what I did. and it didn't work :/


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Moderator yipman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    152
    Coins
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 110
    Given: 80
    Quote Originally Posted by midox139 View Post
    Hi guys,

    I'd like to transfer my website from a host to another host that I've just bought it. I've transfered all the documents, but I don't know how to do the same with the database.

    should I create a new database and import the old one to the new & edit the info in wp-config.php ??
    because that's what I did. and it didn't work :/
    Hello, @[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Yes if you create a new DB you must edit the wp-config.php, in case you changed also the domain name, Go to phpmyadmin and change the URL on wp-option two times.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Relax and calm your mind. Forget about yourself and follow your opponent's movement.

  3. #3
    Member midox139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    16
    Coins
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 18
    Quote Originally Posted by yipman View Post
    Hello, @[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Yes if you create a new DB you must edit the wp-config.php, in case you changed also the domain name, Go to phpmyadmin and change the URL on wp-option two times.
    I did all this. but when I've changed the DNS servers to my new host, I find that I've been hacked !!!!!!

    I don't know if they hacked my host or my domain ... I don't understand nothing. note that I've bought a host in AlphaRacks


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by midox139; 03-26-2019 at 11:13 AM.

  4. #4
    Moderator yipman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    152
    Coins
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 110
    Given: 80
    Quote Originally Posted by midox139 View Post
    I did all this. but when I've changed the DNS servers to my new host, I find that I've been hacked !!!!!!

    I don't know if they hacked my host or my domain ... I don't understand nothing. note that I've bought a host in AlphaRacks

    Hey, @[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] You were hacked ! how come? is it a shared hosting? damn by the way AlphaRacks is crape.
    All I can say is that there is two way to hack someone on shared hosting, one of them is the symlink.
    Verify your logs, to identify from where the intruder is coming from.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Relax and calm your mind. Forget about yourself and follow your opponent's movement.

  5. #5
    Member midox139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    16
    Coins
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 18
    Quote Originally Posted by yipman View Post
    Hey, @[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] You were hacked ! how come? is it a shared hosting? damn by the way AlphaRacks is crape.
    All I can say is that there is two way to hack someone on shared hosting, one of them is the symlink.
    Verify your logs, to identify from where the intruder is coming from.
    yeah it's a shared hosting :/. I bought 1 year for 7$. it's okay, I guess I will just buy another host.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Moderator yipman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    152
    Coins
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 110
    Given: 80
    Quote Originally Posted by midox139 View Post
    yeah it's a shared hosting :/. I bought 1 year for 7$. it's okay, I guess I will just buy another host.
    Great @[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] don't forget to scan your Web app Files. Before the upload!
    Wishing you all the Best.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Relax and calm your mind. Forget about yourself and follow your opponent's movement.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    5
    Coins
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0
    I think you must host your website from scratch if your website is been hacked as if you use your old database then its possible for the hacker to even hack your new website (in terms when you transfer)

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •