User Tag List

4449Views

Coins
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,186
    Given: 465

Yahoo agrees to $4.8 billion Verizon bid

According to reports that are starting to trickle in, Yahoo’s board has accepted the terms of the Verizon offer we reported last week.

The core assets of the company that started life in Jerry Yang and David Filo’s 1994 Stanford dorm room as “Jerry and David’s Guide to the World Wide Web” — and at one point was one of the highest valued properties on the internet — will now join another former high-flyer of the internet’s earliest days, Aol (full disclosure: the owner of TechCrunch), in the Verizon stable.

It’s hard to overstate how dominant a player Yahoo once was. The company, which now holds most of its value in its Alibaba investment, was once a $125 billion behemoth that dominated internet search and commanded one of the highest valuations of any online business — it was Google before Google was Google.

Source: TechCrunch

So what do you think guys?
    This is just sad

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Coins
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 55
    Wait i am not getting it properly..... yahoo is selling its core base to verizon or they are going to become partner? @Angemon

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by BlackGrimReaper; 07-25-2016 at 09:58 AM.

Coins
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,186
    Given: 465
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGrimReaper View Post
    Wait i am not getting it properly..... yahoo is selling its core base to verizon or they are going to become partner? @Angemon
    according to that article , they're being sold. It's sad that Yahoo (old Google) is cheaper than Whatsapp or Snapchat.

Coins
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 55
    Quote Originally Posted by Angemon View Post
    according to that article , they're being sold. It's sad that Yahoo (old Google) is cheaper than Whatsapp or Snapchat.
    What? Never thought yahoo will be this much cheaper as compared to whatsapp and others i never thought this will happen.

Coins
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0
    I guess that's how it goes. During the days, Yahoo! was considered to be a giant in the industry... I'm also surprised by this news...

https://www.offerdaddy.com/ (OfferDaddy):Start monetizing your app with their
    high converting offerwall with 1000s of offers from all around the world...