PDA

View Full Version : How to transfer a website from host to another ??!

midox139
03-25-2019, 12:08 PM
Hi guys,

I'd like to transfer my website from a host to another host that I've just bought it. I've transfered all the documents, but I don't know how to do the same with the database.

should I create a new database and import the old one to the new & edit the info in wp-config.php ??
because that's what I did. and it didn't work :/

yipman
03-26-2019, 06:26 AM
Hi guys,

I'd like to transfer my website from a host to another host that I've just bought it. I've transfered all the documents, but I don't know how to do the same with the database.

should I create a new database and import the old one to the new & edit the info in wp-config.php ??
because that's what I did. and it didn't work :/

Hello, midox139 Yes if you create a new DB you must edit the wp-config.php, in case you changed also the domain name, Go to phpmyadmin and change the URL on wp-option two times.

midox139
03-26-2019, 11:11 AM
Hello, midox139 Yes if you create a new DB you must edit the wp-config.php, in case you changed also the domain name, Go to phpmyadmin and change the URL on wp-option two times.

I did all this. but when I've changed the DNS servers to my new host, I find that I've been hacked !!!!!!

I don't know if they hacked my host or my domain ... I don't understand nothing. note that I've bought a host in AlphaRacks

https://ibb.co/VpgbrRc

yipman
03-27-2019, 03:52 AM
I did all this. but when I've changed the DNS servers to my new host, I find that I've been hacked !!!!!!

I don't know if they hacked my host or my domain ... I don't understand nothing. note that I've bought a host in AlphaRacks

https://ibb.co/VpgbrRc

Hey, midox139 You were hacked ! how come? is it a shared hosting? damn by the way AlphaRacks is crape.
All I can say is that there is two way to hack someone on shared hosting, one of them is the symlink.
Verify your logs, to identify from where the intruder is coming from.

midox139
03-27-2019, 08:28 PM
Hey, midox139 You were hacked ! how come? is it a shared hosting? damn by the way AlphaRacks is crape.
All I can say is that there is two way to hack someone on shared hosting, one of them is the symlink.
Verify your logs, to identify from where the intruder is coming from.

yeah it's a shared hosting :/. I bought 1 year for 7$. it's okay, I guess I will just buy another host.

yipman
03-28-2019, 07:11 AM
yeah it's a shared hosting :/. I bought 1 year for 7$. it's okay, I guess I will just buy another host.

Great midox139 don't forget to scan your Web app Files. Before the upload!
Wishing you all the Best.

adam2531
03-31-2019, 08:25 PM
I think you must host your website from scratch if your website is been hacked as if you use your old database then its possible for the hacker to even hack your new website (in terms when you transfer)