PDA

View Full Version : Hardware ID

Illusionz
08-29-2016, 04:58 AM
Is there a way to hide your hardware ID to prevent gaming companies from banning your computer, I've notice gaming sites don't ban your ip because it can be changed and ban your computer. Anyway to bypass this and filter the hardware ID or change to a fake?

EdgarT
08-29-2016, 10:04 AM
Its possible to change it but it gave me alot of problems that I had to revert all changes using old backup. At first I changed not very important hardware ids like sound etc but it wasnt enought.. after that I changed whole list ( graphics card, cpu, bios..) and then all crashing and other problems started. Im sure its possible to fix all these problems (I guess some processes/apps are bound to hwid and you need to change it) but its very tedious work. Its easier not to cheat :D
Anyway if you still try to do this then dont forget to make your system backup

Bun4ld1m
08-29-2016, 06:06 PM
As EdgarT said it is possible but sometimes it might cause serious problems, or might not... There are softwares that can do that. And I haven't tried but some people say If you dissassamble and set your computer hardware back, some hardware Id's change. As I said before, I'm not sure about the second one though...

Illusionz
08-30-2016, 05:45 AM
Its possible to change it but it gave me alot of problems that I had to revert all changes using old backup. At first I changed not very important hardware ids like sound etc but it wasnt enought.. after that I changed whole list ( graphics card, cpu, bios..) and then all crashing and other problems started. Im sure its possible to fix all these problems (I guess some processes/apps are bound to hwid and you need to change it) but its very tedious work. Its easier not to cheat :D
Anyway if you still try to do this then dont forget to make your system backup

Thanks for the info :P

Illusionz
08-30-2016, 05:45 AM
As EdgarT said it is possible but sometimes it might cause serious problems, or might not... There are softwares that can do that. And I haven't tried but some people say If you dissassamble and set your computer hardware back, some hardware Id's change. As I said before, I'm not sure about the second one though...

Been trying to find a program for the longest time now, Eh no luck.

onsali20
08-30-2016, 10:07 AM
There is NO WAY to change it, but you can spoof it, :)
No way to change it permanently like EdgarT said, I had alot of fun playing around with mac spoofing and stuff on wifi networks :p

Illusionz
08-30-2016, 01:44 PM
There is NO WAY to change it, but you can spoof it, :)
No way to change it permanently like EdgarT said, I had alot of fun playing around with mac spoofing and stuff on wifi networks :p

Only on mac tho?

onsali20
08-30-2016, 04:23 PM
Only on mac tho?

Ugh, no I meant mac address, its sort of like your hardware address, google it :)

EdgarT
08-30-2016, 06:10 PM
mac hwid is easiest to change but games dont use its code when banning you :D

Illusionz
08-31-2016, 07:10 AM
mac hwid is easiest to change but games dont use its code when banning you :D

Thanks for info bro :P

Illusionz
08-31-2016, 07:11 AM
Ugh, no I meant mac address, its sort of like your hardware address, google it :)

Yeah, gotchaa been reading up on it last night.

onsali20
08-31-2016, 08:17 AM
Yeah, gotchaa been reading up on it last night.

Just a tip, if you like messing around with wifi networks, hotel networks and coffee shops which have like this subscription thing for internet you pay like some $$ for this much amount of time you get internet, they give you a code you need to enter in the login page when you join their wifi, you can bypass that, just spoof the mac address of your wifi card to one that is already subscribed and connected, using macchanger -i command on a linux os that has mac changer installed.
and you will get free internet :D

Illusionz
08-31-2016, 08:23 PM
Just a tip, if you like messing around with wifi networks, hotel networks and coffee shops which have like this subscription thing for internet you pay like some $$ for this much amount of time you get internet, they give you a code you need to enter in the login page when you join their wifi, you can bypass that, just spoof the mac address of your wifi card to one that is already subscribed and connected, using macchanger -i command on a linux os that has mac changer installed.
and you will get free internet :D

Damm, going to look into this method seems very interesting thanks