PDA

View Full Version : google indexing

fedi96
07-19-2016, 11:45 PM
hey Angemon is sending many sitemaps to google webmaster , good for indexing or not ?

Angemon
07-21-2016, 12:11 AM
hey Angemon is sending many sitemaps to google webmaster , good for indexing or not ?
Do you mean within the same website?! or you have many websites on the same google webmaster , because this is OK , in fact that is the purpose of having Google webmaster account is to manage your websites. If you mean you're submitting many sitemap for the same website, I don't think that's a good idea , because the purpose of sitemaps is to help search engine bots/crawlers find pages, so if you have different hierarchy that will just confuse the bots, so make one main sitemap for your website , you may create sub-sitemaps that will help to index deeper pages, but DO NOT duplicate MAIN sitemaps.

fedi96
07-21-2016, 06:27 AM
Do you mean within the same website?! or you have many websites on the same google webmaster , because this is OK , in fact that is the purpose of having Google webmaster account is to manage your websites. If you mean you're submitting many sitemap for the same website, I don't think that's a good idea , because the purpose of sitemaps is to help search engine bots/crawlers find pages, so if you have different hierarchy that will just confuse the bots, so make one main sitemap for your website , you may create sub-sitemaps that will help to index deeper pages, but DO NOT duplicate MAIN sitemaps.

i mean same website , if one is enought , why there are different types of sitemaps ?

Angemon
07-21-2016, 04:04 PM
i mean same website , if one is enought , why there are different types of sitemaps ?

I have never looked it up , may be to give easy access to crawlers , I'm really not sure.