PDA

View Full Version : Please take a look at this before posting here :)

onsali20
08-04-2015, 10:09 AM
Hello guys, I really like how the new a2s members introduce themselves here, there are more than 200 posts and I am afraid most of the people who introduce themselves make their posts less than 20 words like "I am really happy to come to this forum" we do appreciate that but if you want to introduce yourself just take a look at these guidelines.

1.Introduction means to introduce yourself, write more about yourself.
2.Write about what are your specialities, skills etc.
3.Also if you have a few achievements or certifications please do post theme here so we can take a look.
4.Be nice and friendly while writing, don't show off too much.
5.Remember write about yourself what you are good at and also if you can help the community.
6.Take a look at other sub-forums that we have and post in the forums you most interested in :)
8.Make your title appealing so that the members feel curious while reading!

That's mostly it, we are tired of just seeing new members create post that are like almost blank and no meaning, say about yourself that means Introduction
also, Enjoy at a2s.in :smile:

Ryuzaki
08-04-2015, 03:18 PM
Hello guys, I really like how the new a2s members introduce themselves here, there are more than 200 posts and I am afraid most of the people who introduce themselves make their posts less than 20 words like "I am really happy to come to this forum" we do appreciate that but if you want to introduce yourself just take a look at these guidelines.

1.Introduction means to introduce yourself, write more about yourself.
2.Write about what are your specialities, skills etc.
3.Also if you have a few achievements or certifications please do post theme here so we can take a look.
4.Be nice and friendly while writing, don't show off too much.
5.Remember write about yourself what you are good at and also if you can help the community.
6.Take a look at other sub-forums that we have and post in the forums you most interested in :)
8.Make your title appealing so that the members feel curious while reading!

That's mostly it, we are tired of just seeing new members create post that are like almost blank and no meaning, say about yourself that means Introduction
also, Enjoy at a2s.in :smile:

Tsk, i have personally now problem with quick introductions.
These 1.-8. things are ... meh .. its not good to dictate how should somebody introduce.
Have some of the admins told you to do this thread ?

onsali20
08-04-2015, 04:42 PM
Tsk, i have personally now problem with quick introductions.
These 1.-8. things are ... meh .. its not good to dictate how should somebody introduce.
Have some of the admins told you to do this thread ?

No :) I did it of my own accord but don't know if the admins will support this or not.
Of course they are, you just need to write more haha xD

Ryuzaki
08-04-2015, 04:50 PM
No :) I did it of my own accord but don't know if the admins will support this or not.
Of course they are, you just need to write more haha xD

In my opinion is bad that you wanna dictate users how should they introduce.

onsali20
08-04-2015, 05:32 PM
In my opinion is bad that you wanna dictate users how should they introduce.

Never mentioned it is mandatory to follow these, I just want them to read this, as a personal note, nothing official.

Angemon
08-05-2015, 02:19 AM
Thanks for the thread onsali20 , I like members who give us some little details about themselves , not like those fast introduction or members who don't introduce themselves at all , they sounds like scammers , I mean if I want to do giveaway or do someone a favor I can only trust members who I know or at least I know a little about them. But as Ryu said you can force members to introduce themselves on internet where everyone prefer to be anonymous.

IVLordStorm
08-05-2015, 02:40 AM
Well ...
It's called an INTRODUCTION ...
So imo you should handle it like you do in real life :)
Meaning, you state your name, tell a little about yourself and how you came here :)

I mean that's the least you can do :)
Why in Gods name would you even bother making an introduction thread when all you got to say is "Hellow I'm here".
That's the kind of bullshit people just post to post something, again this is my point of view :D
onsali20, I love how you tried to 'make up' some rules for this, but only the first point I would really call a good one ^^
For the simple reason, when you're new to A2S, there is now way you would already know how you could help our community, unless you're like a badass coder of something like that :p

But In general I'm a bit against 1 sentence posts thread, although it doesn't really bother me, unless the only thing I see from those member are 1 sentence posts x'D

I myself haven't posted any introduction thread so far, for only one reason, I'm still didn't figure out what I would say and I don't wanna post random stuff x'D

But Angemon, maybe I'm not in the position so far to enforce of dictate anything (and I would rater never dictate anyone), but I do stand firm behind the believe that there couldn't be anything wrong with making a guideline and mark that as a sticky :)
After all, if I'm not mistaken, A2S is aiming to be a quality forum, also the main reason why I grew fond of A2S so fast and I would do anything to contribute to that :D

Well that was me giving me 2 cents once again :D :p
Hope I didn't kick anyone against the sheen's with this, didn't intend to :)

[And seems like I managed once again to write half a book x'D]

Angemon
08-05-2015, 02:51 AM
[And seems like I managed once again to write half a book x'D]
well said , and if you can write all this in 1 min then you won't have any problem writing ebooks everyday :p ....I really like to read your posts.

onsali20
08-05-2015, 07:38 AM
Thanks for the thread onsali20 , I like members who give us some little details about themselves , not like those fast introduction or members who don't introduce themselves at all , they sounds like scammers , I mean if I want to do giveaway or do someone a favor I can only trust members who I know or at least I know a little about them. But as Ryu said you can force members to introduce themselves on internet where everyone prefer to be anonymous.

Well, let's be honest here, they wouldn't even want to go to this sub-forum if they didn't want to introduce themselves :troll: