PDA

View Full Version : 9$ Computer

Co0oL
05-14-2015, 08:25 PM
I've found this while surfing the web.
a 9$ computer - CHIP

Wait! What? A $9 computer? This is something magical.

A Californian startup lead by Dave Rauchwerk is currently seeking crowdfunding on Kickstarter to create a computer that will cost as much as $9 (or £6).

The new microcomputer, dubbed CHIP, is a tiny, Linux-based, super-cheap computer that's described as being "built for work, play, and everything in between!"

Project 'Chip' that hit Kickstarter on Thursday has already blown its target goal of $50,000 to raise over $1 Million from almost 19,638 people at the time of writing with 26 days left in its campaign.

Let’s have a look on what does this $9 buy you?

And the answer is a lot — more than what you could expect for just $9.

CHIP packs a 1GHz R8 ARM processor, 4GB of internal flash storage, 512MB of DDR3 RAM, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi — something you do not find in even the modern microcomputer, Raspberry Pi.

If look at the output front of the CHIP, it features a single full-sized USB port, headphones output, microphone input, a composite video output (with options for VGA and HDMI via an adapter) that even supports older televisions, and a micro USB that supports OTG.

You just have to attach this Raspberry Pi-based motherboard to a mouse, keyboard, or game controller for more functionality or connect to a monitor via an adapter for VGA or HDMI cables.
- See more at: CHIP — The World's First $9 Computer (http://thehackernews.com/2015/05/smallest-computer-chip.html)

You can book your CHIP now ;D

ntquynh89
05-15-2015, 01:11 AM
:prettiness:who need ? :P

daveter9
05-15-2015, 10:38 AM
you can make a 9$ hitleap box
VALUE

Ryuzaki
05-15-2015, 10:50 AM
That seems really useless for me

Chillivanilli
05-15-2015, 11:30 AM
Pretty nice! Awesome for developers and people who like to experiment.
I have a banana pi, but it costed me 30€.

9$ is an awesome price for that

daveter9
05-15-2015, 03:42 PM
The only con is that the shipping costs outside of the USA are to damn high, you 9$ computer turns into a 29$ computer which you have to wait till next year for. not as great as it seems.

Co0oL
05-15-2015, 09:24 PM
That seems really useless for me

Pretty nice! Awesome for developers and people who like to experiment.
I have a banana pi, but it costed me 30€.

9$ is an awesome price for that
I think in the near future, We will see computers getting better and better, Who knows.
Maybe we won't even need RAM/Processor/etc (Quantum Computers ;D)

The only con is that the shipping costs outside of the USA are to damn high, you 9$ computer turns into a 29$ computer which you have to wait till next year for. not as great as it seems.
Well, They stated that they are trying to find a way around it but just to have such thing for your work, It's simply awesome!

onsali20
05-16-2015, 08:25 AM
Just broke the record of the raspberry pi :o