PDA

View Full Version : Asking Someone Out - An Update.

SWGCryand
08-03-2014, 06:03 PM
Hey guys.

So prior to the database issue, I had a thread about how to go about asking a girl out.

Alright, so first off this is a request for some stupid life advice in regards to girls. If you wanna troll, go ahead and find the this tab and click the little "x" button.So, I''ll make a long story short. I''m pretty socially awkward and I''m not a good looking guy, but recently I''ve begun talking to a girl who''s actually really nice and all that stuff. :P We''ve spoken for a little while now and I think it''s evident she likes me, and I mentioned that I had feelings for her. I''ve only had one girlfriend and I stumbled my way through that. She wound up saying "I think I know what you''re saying, and it''s a yes." So, yeah. I need to do better than that this time, obviously.My question to you guys, and gals if there are any, how do I go about this? Is it better to just straight up say "would you like to go out with me?" Should I say it in a better way? Anyone got any ideas? She''s from Florida, I''m from Arizona myself (for foreigners, have a map)
http://i.imgur.com/SUuysGl.png
We''ve discussed long distance relationships and determined we''re both fine with them and would more than willingly go for it if the opportunity presented itself.So that''s my question to you guys. Sorry for the stupid life advice, I just really don''t have an idea. Thanks! And to get rid of the possible question, yeah she''s cute. :P

I'm just here to write a quick update.
I haven't asked her out yet, but we've gotten a lot closer since that post. I feel like that if I ask, it's like a 90% yes. I'll consider a few external factors that don't quite need to be expressed here, and if all seems well, I'll ask this coming weekend.

Thanks guys for your input on the previous thread!

Titan
08-03-2014, 06:08 PM
Never be scared! If you have your mind set on something DO IT! wish you luck on getting the girl

SWGCryand
08-03-2014, 06:57 PM
Never be scared! If you have your mind set on something DO IT! wish you luck on getting the girl

It's not that I'm scared or anything, it's just me taking my time. :P Thanks for the input though!

Angemon
08-03-2014, 07:27 PM
I've edited your thread SWGCryand and include your previous post & good luck with your girl, i'm pretty sure you will be just fine
:Emoji14-100:

Kunkka
08-03-2014, 10:20 PM
Go for it bro! Grab the opportunity while you have the time :)

Saying good luck! :)

Raiden
08-03-2014, 11:16 PM
"youth" I wish I could be back on those times :)
good luck, bro. SWGCryand

SWGCryand
08-03-2014, 11:31 PM
"youth" I wish I could be back on those times :)
good luck, bro. SWGCryand
Haha! :) Thanks bud c:

Go for it bro! Grab the opportunity while you have the time :)

Saying good luck! :)
Thanks! Not sure if I put this in the OP, but I'll probably ask this coming weekend.

I've edited your thread SWGCryand and include your previous post & good luck with your girl, i'm pretty sure you will be just fine
:Emoji14-100:

Thanks! I appreciate the edit and the kind words c:

Raiden
08-03-2014, 11:38 PM
I'll be sticking to see the "next episodes" bro, this is what they call "reality show", right, SWGCryand ?

SWGCryand
08-03-2014, 11:55 PM
I'll be sticking to see the "next episodes" bro, this is what they call "reality show", right, SWGCryand ?

Correct! :P We call them "reality shows" in the United States. I believe the United Kingdom calls them different.

I'll definitely update this/create a new thread once I get a response from her. Maybe I'll record it for you guys and edit certain things out, I dunno, maybe. xD

Raiden
08-04-2014, 04:53 AM
Correct! :P We call them "reality shows" in the United States. I believe the United Kingdom calls them different.

I'll definitely update this/create a new thread once I get a response from her. Maybe I'll record it for you guys and edit certain things out, I dunno, maybe. xD

don't forget to @mention@ me bro, when you create one http://bugs4u.info/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/ehem.gif

David
08-04-2014, 11:36 AM
Good luck! :)

Killua
08-04-2014, 12:42 PM
Good luck with ur GF :Emoji1-100:

SWGCryand
08-04-2014, 02:31 PM
Good luck with ur GF :Emoji1-100:

Good luck! :)
Thanks guys!

don't forget to @mention@ me bro, when you create one http://bugs4u.info/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/ehem.gif

Definitely will! :)

SWGCryand
08-05-2014, 09:44 PM
Raiden asked to be tagged.

This weekend is a no go. I screwed up last night and we also had a discussion about the topic, and it's a no go for this weekend. Sorry to get people excited/happy for nothing.

Raiden
08-05-2014, 10:34 PM
well, it's not that we are happy because you succeed on this or not, bro, but we are just glad you want to share your really "personal" matter.
It's really different compared to watching movies, it's reality, you see? We won't know what'll happen tomorrow, so ... we keep trying.
still, good luck to you, bro :)
(too bad I can't quote at all SWGCryand)

SWGCryand
08-07-2014, 09:58 PM
well, it's not that we are happy because you succeed on this or not, bro, but we are just glad you want to share your really "personal" matter.
It's really different compared to watching movies, it's reality, you see? We won't know what'll happen tomorrow, so ... we keep trying.
still, good luck to you, bro :)
(too bad I can't quote at all SWGCryand)

Thanks man. We discussed it and while I didn't mention my intention, she isn't sure if she wants a relationship. She was raped by her last boyfriend, and while the distance would prevent that (like I have any intent to do that to start with?) she's just concerned she won't be "up to par" with someone else.

We'll be in a call all weekend so we'll see.

Edit: She knows I wouldn't hurt her, and also knows I'm protective of her. If she doesn't want a relationship, that's fine with me. She's a human with emotions as well. She isn't my possession, I have no control over her.

Edit 2: That sounds bad. I apologize.

Raiden
08-07-2014, 10:49 PM
well, at the moment, i think, "friendship" is fine, bro. who know she'll change her mind later in the future?

SWGCryand
08-08-2014, 01:25 AM
well, at the moment, i think, "friendship" is fine, bro. who know she'll change her mind later in the future?

Oh it totally is! Her friendship is fantastic, I wouldn't trade that for anything less. xD It's up to her, I told her that I'm not going to pressure her into anything or anything of the sort.

ApplePieLife
08-08-2014, 03:05 AM
is this the real thing or just puppy love? :P

Raiden
08-08-2014, 03:17 AM
when the time comes, you should marry her, bro :)

SWGCryand
08-13-2014, 12:36 AM
when the time comes, you should marry her, bro :)

is this the real thing or just puppy love? :P

@Apple, it would appear as though it was.

We had a discussion today, and as far as I can see, she had no intentions of going out with me.
{NOTE: Dec 28, 2014: a portion of this was edited out as I was blatantly incorrect.}

Thanks guys for your support, and hopefully I'll find someone new. :)

Raiden
08-13-2014, 06:05 AM
well at least, experience is the best teacher, bro. I pray for you :)

medsamy
08-13-2014, 09:12 AM

here in Tunisia we call it "Waste of time" :) , i'am not going to make 3000 km to just meet a girl
happy meeeeeeting friend

SWGCryand
08-13-2014, 01:12 PM
well at least, experience is the best teacher, bro. I pray for you :)

Thank you, but no need to pray for me. c: There are people who need them more than I do. Thank you though! :D

Raiden
08-13-2014, 01:45 PM
sure, bro http://bugs4u.info/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/cpdeh.gif

mephistophele
09-08-2014, 05:31 AM
For me ask her out and be confident..just dont think of negative things, you will never know until you have tried